Picking the right sunscreen is just as important as just using sunscreen.
Here are 5 tips to help you pick the right sunscreen:
1) SPF = sun protection factor, use sunscreens with at least SPF30
Dermatologists recommend using a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, which blocks 97% of the sun’s rays.
2) Higher the SPF, higher the protection against UVB
(culprit for the nasty sunburns you’ve had in the past).
3) Don’t be stingy! A lot of sunburns are caused by under application
(or forgetting to cover ALL exposed skin)!
4) Don’t be lazy! It’s okay to admit it; everybody sweats.
Yeah, the sweat dripping off your face is washing away the sunscreen.
Reapply sunscreen every two hours, even on cloudy days, and after swimming or sweating.
5) Expired milk leaves a nasty taste in your mouth,
just like how expired sunscreen leaves a nasty sunburn on your skin.
The amount of sun protection decreases overtime,
beware of the expiration date!
Stay safe while you enjoy the sunny summer weather!